- entertainment Yahoo TV
Nancy Pelosi tells TV host Bill Maher that President Trump is 'impeached forever...it can never be erased'
Nancy Pelosi told Bill Maher of President Trump': "He had to be impeachment."
- Movies Yahoo Movies UK
The 'Richard Jewell' star and Oscar-winner said 'times were different' before the #MeToo movement took hold in Hollywood.
- News The Canadian Press
LONDON - Goodbye, your royal highnesses. Hello, life as - almost - ordinary civilians.Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, are quitting as working royals and will no longer use the titles "royal highness" or receive public funds for their work under a deal announced Saturday by Buckingham Palace.Releasing details of the dramatic split, triggered by the couple's unhappiness with life under media scrutiny in the royal fishbowl, t he palace said Harry and Meghan will cease to be working members of the royal family when the new arrangements take effect within months, in the “spring of 2020.”The couple will no longer use the titles His Royal Highness and Her Royal Highness, but they are not being stripped of them.They will be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. Harry will remain a prince and sixth in line to the British throne.The agreement also calls for Meghan and Harry to repay 2.4 million pounds (US$3.1 million) in taxpayers' money that was spent renovating their home near Windsor Castle, Frogmore Cottage.The couple's departure is a wrench for the royal family, but Queen Elizabeth II had warm words for them in a statement Saturday.The queen said she was pleased that “together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family.”"I recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life," Elizabeth said."It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life," she added.The announcement came after days of talks among royal courtiers sparked by Meghan and Harry's announcement last week that they wanted to step down as senior royals and live part-time in CanadaThe details of the deal solidify the couple's dramatic break from life as working royals. Army veteran Harry will have to give up the military appointments he has as a senior royal.While he and Meghan will no longer represent the queen, the palace said they would "continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty" while carrying out their private charitable work.Buckingham Palace did not disclose who will pay for the couple's security going forward. It currently is taxpayer-funded."There are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly funded security," it said.Jill Lawless, The Associated Press
Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden says the condition of Jeffrey Epstein's eyes and legs are not consistent with the suicide claim by the medical examiner.
- entertainment The Wrap
In a very unusual twist of fate, the Rotten Tomatoes score for “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” has managed to drop enough since it was released in theaters to earn the worst percentage for the entire film franchise with 52% positive reviews, just barely edging out, for now, the 1999 prequel “The Phantom Menace.”On the day it was released, “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” had garnered 58% positive reviews from critics who are included in the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer, which was the second worst percentage that any live-action “Star Wars” film had earned. The film was only ahead of the 53% earned by “The Phantom Menace.” That in itself was a remarkable feat, as it’s pretty difficult to make a “Star Wars” movie that gets that many negative reviews. “The Rise of Skywalker” has been trounced by the other two prequels, with “Attack of the Clones” coming in at 65% and “Revenge of the Sith” earning an 80%.The Disney “Star Wars” flicks had all earned stellar reviews to this point, with “The Force Awakens” at 93%, “Rogue One” at 83%, “The Last Jedi” at 91%, and even “Solo,” the first “Star Wars” movie to be an outright failure at the box office,” coming in at 70%.Also Read: No, the 'Star Wars' Disney+ Series About Obi-Wan Kenobi Has Not Been CanceledBut over the past four weeks, that percentage has slowly crept downward as reviews continued to trickle in. It’s a surprising turn of events, but not unfathomable. Since its opening weekend, “The Rise of Skywalker” has received more than 100 new reviews that were included in its count on Rotten Tomatoes. That isn’t unusual, as the same thing happened with “Frozen 2” a month earlier. What’s surprising is that its overall percentage would change that much with those new reviews, as the new “Star Wars” flick has 158 more reviews counted in its tally than its Disney cousin - 469 to 311 - and so each new review has less of an impact on the overall percentage than it would for most movies.This is not the film’s final score, of course, as reviews will continue to be added over time. At the same point in its theatrical run in late May, “Avengers: Endgame” had counted 455 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for a 95% score, but today it has 504 reviews and a score of 94%. So it’s possible that “The Rise of Skywalker” will relinquish the title of worst-reviewed “Star Wars” movie back to “The Phantom Menace” in the coming months, or at least move back up to a tie.And, yes, we know about the “Clone Wars” movie that has an 18% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Since that was a television pilot released theatrically, we’re not counting it as part of the film franchise.Also Read: The 23 Worst Parts of 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker'For those not familiar with the whole Rotten Tomatoes thing, the percentages we’re talking about here are the proportion of critics who thought a movie was good. So a 50% rating would mean half of all critics counted said it was bad, or “rotten,” and half said it was good, or “fresh.” It is not an average of the review scores given by those critics.“The Rise of Skywalker,” directed by JJ Abrams, caps off the new Disney trilogy and leads us into a three-year hiatus for the film series. It stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams, Harrison Ford, Ian McDiarmid, Joonas Suotamo and the biggest fleet the galaxy has ever seen.Read original story ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Now Has the Franchise’s Lowest Rotten Tomatoes Score At TheWrap