Hmmm... the page you're looking for isn't here. Try searching above.
  • CNN Anchor Anderson Cooper Loses It, Curses In Anger During Rod Blagojevich Interview

    CNN anchor Anderson Cooper lost his cool during a Friday night interview with newly released former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. In a contentious interview, Cooper finally boiled over after hearing Blagojevich's defense of his gubernatorial record and his criminal case. Blagojevich was convicted of trying to sell or trade the Illinois Senate seat that Barack […]

  • Hilary Duff Confronts Paparazzo Taking Photos of Children

    "I'm asking you human-to-human - as a mother - if you don't know anyone here, can you please stop taking pictures of our children playing football this morning?"

  • New presumptive case of novel coronavirus in Toronto, health officials say

    TORONTO - A woman who arrived in Toronto from China last week has a presumptive case of the novel coronavirus, health officials said Sunday, days after announcing the last of three people previously diagnosed in Ontario had been cleared of the illness.The woman went to a north Toronto hospital with an intermittent cough after her arrival on Friday, the Health Ministry said in a statement, adding she was tested for the virus, known as COVID-19, before being discharged into self-isolation.The test came back positive on Sunday, the ministry said, and a further test will be done by the National Microbiology Lab in Winnipeg for official confirmation of the diagnosis.Dr. David Williams, chief medical health officer of Ontario, said people should not be concerned about contracting the coronavirus."Because of all the proper protocols and procedures that are in place to contain this virus and exposure to others was limited, I want to assure the public that the risk to Ontarians remains low," he said.The ministry said the woman wore a mask throughout her return to Toronto and had limited exposure to others after landing.Health officials will contact and monitor passengers who were sitting close to the woman on the plane back to Canada, the statement says.Three people in Ontario had previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, including a married couple in Toronto and a Western University student in London, Ont., after all of them had recently returned from travelling in China.The province announced Friday that all three had been cleared.There are six known cases of the illness in British Columbia, most recently a woman in her 30s who returned to the province last week from travel in Iran.Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Thursday the woman's presumptive case was relatively mild, and a number of her close contacts were already in isolation."This one, clearly, is a bit unusual in that the travel to Iran is something new," Henry told a news conference at the B.C. legislature. "Iran has recently started reporting cases and we'll be working with our national and international colleagues to better understand where she may have been exposed to this virus prior to her return to Canada."Far more Canadians are affected by the virus outside of this country. An outbreak of COVID-19 aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship saw 47 Canadians infected.The cruise ship was docked in Yokohama, Japan, and placed under quarantine. People who were diagnosed with the illness are being treated at hospitals there, while those without symptoms were flown back to Ontario on Friday, where they're going through another 14 days of isolation.Six Canadian Armed Forces medical staff and one Canadian government staffer who accompanied the passengers on that flight were released from quarantine on Sunday. Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada's chief public health officer, said she assessed them and determined they weren't at risk of having the virus and did not need to stay in isolation.This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 23, 2020.Nicole Thompson, The Canadian Press

  • Police give Tyendinaga Mohawk protesters deadline to clear rail blockade: reports

    TYENDINAGA MOHAWK TERRITORY, Ont. - Protesters were reportedly given until the end of Sunday night to clear a blockade on Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory that's crippled the country's rail network.Ontario Provincial Police and Canadian National informed protesters that they will face an investigation and possible charges if they don't clear the tracks in eastern Ontario by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, according to multiple media reports.The barricade has shut down train traffic along a key corridor for more than two weeks.CN declined to comment on the reported move, and spokespeople with the OPP did not immediately respond.The barricades are a response to a move by the RCMP to clear protesters who had been blocking access to a pipeline worksite on Wet'suwet'en territory in northern British Columbia.Hereditary chiefs of the Wet'suwet'en Nation oppose the work on their traditional territory, despite support from elected band councils along the pipeline route.On Friday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it was time for the barricades to come down and injunctions ordering the tracks cleared to be enforced.But Heredity Chief Na'moks, also known as John Ridsdale, said Sunday that Trudeau's "misinformed" and "antagonistic" speech had the opposite effect."If the prime minister had not made that speech the Mohawks would have taken down everything," he said. "They were ready. We were on the phone."More rail-line protests sprung up over the weekend, even after Trudeau's stern words.In Vancouver, protesters returned to the site of CN Rail tracks on the city's east side, but police spokesman Sgt. Aaron Roed said the gathering appeared to be a continuation of protests over the past few weeks.He said about 40 people were off to the side of the tracks, not blocking rail lines, and officers had informed them of an injunction already in place.Na'moks said all five hereditary chiefs are expected to meet in northern B.C. on Monday to plan their next steps and talks with the RCMP could resume on Thursday at the earliest.He said the chiefs will not budge from their demands for the Mounties to remove every component of a mobile unit from the 29-kilometre mark from Highway 16 before meeting with them."The local constabulary can look after the patrols," Na'moks said of a detachment in nearby Houston. "The officers that they fly in and out on a seven-day basis is what we want gone from the territory."Dawn Roberts, a spokeswoman for the RCMP, said the mobile unit has been temporarily closed as discussions are underway with the deputy commissioner about its future."This means that the buildings have been locked and secured and that the gates and the fence that's around that property has been locked," she said.Officers who were stationed at the unit are now conducting patrols of the area from the Houston detachment, about 40 minutes away, Roberts said, adding she is not aware of any plans by Mounties to meet with the chiefs on Thursday.The chiefs visited supporters this week in Tyendinaga and Kahnawake south of Montreal, and repeated that their conditions for talks to begin have not been met.Chief Woos, of the Grizzly House, told reporters in Kahnawake on Saturday that attempts to reach out to Indigenous Services Minister Marc Miller have not been returned since Trudeau's announcement on Friday."It seems to me like ever since Mr. Trudeau has made his announcement, the communication has ceased," Woos said.But senior cabinet ministers said Sunday the federal government remained ready to talk.Speaking Sunday on Global's news and political affairs series "The West Block," the minister for Crown-Indigenous relations styled conversations as productive and that all sides were making good progress.Carolyn Bennett said that "at no time have we stopped negotiations."She added later in the interview that "keeping the conversation open" along with the removal of the RCMP from the Wet'suwet'en territory are "really important criteria to getting us through this difficult patch and on to a good path."She said there are differing opinions within the Wet'suwet'en Nation, and it is the nation itself that has to sort out the divide."Within the Wet'suwet'en community that there are differing opinions and matriarchs, there are people that are speaking up about their issues as well," Bennett told the program."The solution will be found in the Wet'suwet'en community as they come together with their vision of self-determination and how they can form a government and write their own laws."On CTV's "Question Period," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said the barricades needed to come down and that the federal government is committed to dialogue. He urged the hereditary chiefs to come back to the table."We all understand the importance of a peaceful resolution, but a speedy resolution, because the impact of these barricades is unacceptable, untenable," Blair said."It can't be maintained because of the harm that it is causing and so we have confidence in the police to do the job peaceably."He said that it was the responsibility of the police in each jurisdiction to deal with the blockades and was cool to the idea of the federal government sending in the military to forcibly remove demonstrators.This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 23, 2020.The Canadian Press

  • Six-time Canadian curling champion Jennifer Jones denied a seventh

    MOOSE JAW, Sask. - Jennifer Jones will have to wait for another chance to win a record seventh Canadian women's curling championship.The decorated skip believes she has the team and the time to get that opportunity.Jones and her Winnipeg wild-card team fell 8-3 to Ontario's Rachel Homan in Sunday's semifinal at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts.Homan advanced to the evening final against Manitoba's Kerri Einarson for the title.The winner will represent Canada at the world championship March 14-22 in Prince George, B.C.Jones, 45, is tied with Colleen Jones for the most national women's championships won by a skip. She claimed the fifth of her six crowns five years ago in Moose Jaw, Sask.Losing to Homan foiled her bid to win it again at Mosaic Place."You always think about it every time you step on the ice," Jones said. "Not even about winning a record seven, but winning and representing Canada."I would have loved to have had an opportunity to represent Canada in Prince George. It always is terrible to lose, but at least we gave ourselves a chance this year."After Jones won her sixth title and a second career world championship in 2018, her longtime second Jill Officer retired. Jones, Officer, third Kaitlyn Lawes and lead Dawn McEwen won an Olympic gold medal in 2014.Jones and Officer had curled together since their junior days. Jocelyn Peterman replaced Officer.Jones speaks of her team as a work in progress despite her experienced lineup."We worked on a lot of things. I feel they're all coming together," the skip said. "We're trending in the right direction which I love and having a ton of fun."Trailing 5-1 after five ends Sunday, Jones tried setting up multi-point ends to get back in the game. Homan shut the door on her with defensive hits and Jones shook hands after nine."The disappointing part is we know we're better than that and we just let it get away too early," Lawes said. "We knew we had to keep it close with them, especially because we're such a great-hitting team."Obviously we come here and we want to win. We've built a lot over the last two seasons with this lineup. In the big picture, I'm really proud of where we're at. I know we have a lot left in the tank."Homan's team boasted shooting accuracy percentage of 91 per cent compared to wild-card's 76 over the first five ends Sunday. Peterman struggled early at 68 per cent, which put pressure on Lawes to make runback doubles.Jones was heavy on a draw in the second end to give up a steal of three. The skip was light on another draw to score two in the eighth and settled for one."It's hard to come off a loss," Jones said. "I get to go home to my kids and that's always great."I am not a super-competitive person _ people don't believe that _ except when it comes to curling."When we're on the ice, we want to win. It doesn't matter what we've won in the past. We're in the moment and we're just has hungry as we've ever been."In her 15th career Tournament of Hearts, Jones was the wild-card team for the first time. The wild-card was introduced to the national men's and women's championship in 2018.After losing to Einarson in the Manitoba women's final, Jones beat Tracy Fleury to gain entry into the main draw in Moose Jaw.This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 23, 2020.Donna Spencer, The Canadian Press